It seems that on a daily basis we read news stories of how some large company or government entity has been hit with a ransomware attack. It’s very likely that even your personal data has been compromised as a result of a security breach and the statistics show that this trend isn’t going to be going away any time soon. Data security has become a fact of life for all of us.
For the medical and dental professions, data security is even more crucial. HIPAA rules require that Health & Human Services as well as affected individuals be notified when a security breach has been detected. In some cases, even the media must be notified. It’s been estimated that it costs $350.00 for each protected health information record affected and results in a 40% loss in customer base.
The question isn’t whether you can afford to have IT security, it’s whether you can afford not to. At SiOTek, we can help you secure your data with everything from basic anti-virus to managed firewalls. And, we specialize in HIPAA and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance.
- A new organization will fall victim to ransomware every 14 seconds in 2019, and every 11 seconds by 2021.
- 1.5 million new phishing sites are created every month.
- 851 million ransomware infections were detected in 2018.
- 34% of businesses hit with malware took a week or more to regain access to their data.
- In 2019 ransomware from phishing emails increased 109% over 2017.